Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mixtape #7: Love, Love Love

Can't you just feel the love? This week I'm putting up my all time favorite love songs. In fact, now that I mention it, any song marked with an asterisk will be playing at my wedding. (So this gives you a little peek into the future.)

Track 1. The Beatles - "When I'm Sixty-Four"*: A very sweet and simple song, but has a huge place in my heart. Another one of my all time favorites (you're going to hear this a lot on this post.)


Track 2. Bright Eyes - "First Day Of My Life"*: I could think of a thousand words to explain this song. Sweet, vulnerable, honest . . . the list goes on.


Track 3. Billy Joel - "Just The Way You Are"*: No, don't expect this to be a different song by that other guy . . . is Barny Mars his name? Anyway, this was the first song on my list of wedding songs. (Is it weird that I've already planned all of this out?) This song explains true love in five minutes.


Track 4. The Killers - "Romeo And Juliet" (Originally done by Dire Straits.)*: One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Enough said.


Track 4. Foo Fighters - "Statues": This album has a very dear place in my heart. They took a bit of a different and softer change in this record, and I love it.



Track 5. Guided By Voices - "Teenage FBI": A very simple song. It brings up a problem that so many people can relate to. (Including me.)


Track 6. The Darkness - "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": This is a one hit wonder from a few years back. This song always makes me smile and laugh, but I do think it's also very musical. They remind me way too much of hair metal bands of the 80's.



Track 7. Stephen Sondheim - Company - "Being Alive"*: Without a doubt this is my favorite musical. The whole story of the musical is actually about marriage. And this song is sort of like the grand finale.

1 comment:

  1. The Bright Eyes song is one of my favorite songs, brings back a lot of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete