Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mixtape #5: Good Ol' Rock n Roll

Get ready for some head boppin' today. This may be my best mixtape so far. If you're like me, you can't resist just good, classy rock music. And that's what this mixtape is full of.

Track 1. The Hives - "Hate To Say I Told You So": This song is straight up in your face. I also think the video is hilarious for some reason. Extremely classy band.


Track 2. The Golden Dogs - "Yeah!": Please excuse the strange video. Apparently this amazing song has been on an extremely crappy TV show, but it was the only video I could find. Oh well, these guys are still awesome.

 

Track 3. Spoon - "Finer Feelings": I'm bopping my head while listening to this song. It's beat is contagious. I was introduced to this band by my cousin (you know who you are), and have loved them ever since then.


Track 4. The Strokes - "Juicebox": Their songs are so simple, but are still really complex and fun. These guys really fit into that "too cool for school" category. Turn it up and jam out.


Track 5. Arctic Monkeys - "From The Ritz To The Rubble": I put these guys right next to The Strokes being that they've actually covered a few of their songs. This particular band I was introduced to by my sister when I was maybe . . . 9 years old?



Track 6. Peter, Bjorn & John - "Second Chance": Such great rock music. And if you like this song, you HAVE to buy the whole record. It's one of my all time favorites.


Track 7. The Black Keys - "Tighten Up": These guys are straight up rock and roll. Period. Also, this video is pretty darn funny.



Track 8. Wolfmother - "Dimension": They remind me SO MUCH of Led Zeppelin for some reason. (I hope I won't get any haters from that statement.) The first time I heard this song I think I was 8 years old?  I think?



Track 9. Wilco - "I Might": Bob Boilen (from NPR All Songs Considered) described this band as the "best rock band in America." To be honest, I don't think he's to far off with that statement. Listen and you'll get what I mean and what he means.

No comments:

Post a Comment